Our expert team, located in Macau,
near Hong Kong, performs art restoration services all over Asia
We provide treatment, cleaning and total restoration of :
- paintings on canvas
- mural paintings (frescoes and other wall paintings)
Cristina Mio U Kit
Born in Shanghai, China. Resident in Macau.
Professional painter and art restorer (paintings on canvas and wood, frescoes and wall paintings). Studied painting, drawing and art restoration and conservation in Shanghai, Macau, Florence and Lisbon..
Between 1999 and 2006 has directed several restoration works in Macau of paintings, frescoes and wall paintings in churches and Chinese temples. Several of the works are now included in the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List.
Has been guest lecturer in several Macau and China universities on the subject of art restoration.
In 2003 the TDM Macau Television produced a documentary on her work as a painter and as an art restorer.
Executive Editor of MacauArt.Net (www.macauart.net), the Art Website of the Macau Government.
Activity as an art restorer
- Restoration of the fresco ‘Incontro con la Madonna’ (15th century, Convent of S. Giovanni, in Florence)
- Restoration of the oil paintings ‘San Agostino’ (18th century, Pisa Cathedral), ‘San Francisco’ (16th century, Church of Montécatini), ‘San Domenico’ (18th century, Belle Arti, Cosenza), ‘Madonna (Apparizione)’ (17th century, Convanto), ‘Ultima Cena’ (15th century, Convanto)
- Chapel of Our Lady of Guia (frescoes)
- 42 paintings and 5 sculptures belonging to the collection of Seminário de S. José
- Paintings belonging to the collection of Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Macau
- Historic engraved stone in the Macau centre
- Wall paintings at the Mandarin's House
- Over 60 wall paintings in six Chinese Temples of Macau.